Your vacation plans were probably canceled due to the COVID19 virus outbreak. By now, it has been more than a month for some since different countries have been on a lockdown period to help curve the spread of the said virus. Let’s be honest, most of us are already imagining walking down the beach or sipping through wine as you enjoy the sunset in your villa. Whatever type of vacation it is that you prefer, we know that some of you can’t wait to finally book your vacation without the fear of contracting any type of illness. While this vacation won’t be happening in a month’s time or two, it’s actually okay if you want to start planning ahead on how you want your vacation outfits should be.
It’s Not A Bad Thing
We know you’re bored, so checking on look-books on how your 2020 vacation outfits should be isn’t a bad thing. It can actually ease your boredom and be productive despite the feeling of laziness teasing you overtime. Planning ahead is never a bad thing either and if you think you need outfit staples that you don’t have in your closet, Just 4 Unique will cater to your vacation outfit needs. All you need is your measurement and a few clicks to proceed with the order.
How To Make Sure That You’re Packing Only The Outfits You Really Need
It’s easy to become a notorious over-packer. We sometimes have that feeling that we want to put our entire closet inside our suitcase just to make sure that we have enough outfit variations for that perfect vacation photo. But if you’re going on a vacation that needs you to travel light, it can be quite a painful process to make sure that you have all the vacation outfits you need for a week of vacation. To make things worse, airlines usually have luggage limits so you really can’t go overboard with packing. Control yourself, if you must. In the end, you’ll realize that a few outfit staples can actually be enough to last for a few days or weeks of vacation outfits.
Here are a couple of tips that can help you pack light:
- Where are you going and what will you be doing? You might also want to start jotting down the list of activities that you want to do during your vacation. This can help you plan whether you need to bring casual clothes for dinner, or if you are going to have cocktails at a hip bar. Will you be going somewhere warm or cold? It can become incredibly disastrous if you pack the wrong clothes not suitable for the weather of where you’re going. It can become a recipe for disaster if you can’t even go out of your hotel because you didn’t pack enough clothes to keep you warm, or if you can’t even move around without breaking into a sweat because you forgot to pack light and airy clothes for a destination that’s tropical. Depending on where you’re going and what you will be doing, your clothes will depend on these factors.
- Choose a color palette. Choose colors that complement each other so that you can mix, match, and even repeat clothes without looking like you don’t change outfits. This is also good if you are only bringing a couple of footwear with you. In choosing a color palette, you can do research on what colors will stand out in the place that you’re going. If you’re going somewhere tropical, bright and colorful colors can be a great option. If it’s somewhere historical and full of architecture, you might want to opt for solid colors that don’t blend in the background. Other than these things, keep in mind the colors that also bring out the beauty in your natural skin tone. Choose a palette that enhances your hair color and your eyes too!
- Keep in mind the fabric. While being fashionable is always nice, you might want to consider the comfort of the fabric that you’re going for. If it’s warm where you’re going, you might want to use clothes that are cotton instead of fabrics that cling to your skin and make you feel uneasy. If you have a baggage limit, you might also want to consider bringing less of heavy fabrics with you: such as denim or coats that have thick paddings. If you’re also planning on washing your clothes, make sure that you bring with you only the clothes that have fabrics that dry easily. Keep in mind that not all accommodations offer the service of clothes washing or drying. If possible, ask your hotel if they do offer the service so that you don’t end up not being able to wash your clothes and you failed to pack extras.
- Your tops should coordinate with your bottoms. Try the outfits on if you must and make sure that your tops and bottoms look good together. It’s also best that you pack them in pairs already so that you don’t have to spend a lot of time pairing them when you’re already in your vacation. If you’re going to layer clothing, make sure that these garments also look good together and it should match with everything else including your shoes.
- Pay attention even to the shoes that you’re packing. Decide beforehand what shoes you’re going to bring with you. Chances are, you only have a maximum of 3 that you can pack: comfortable heels, flats, and sneakers. Make sure that your shoes look good with the vacation outfits that you’re about to bring. Otherwise, it’s a fashion disaster that you’ve brought formal dresses and you only have sneakers with you.
- If you love accessorizing, keep that in mind too. Just like everything else, you have to make sure that the accessories that you’re going to bring would look good with your vacation outfits ensemble. Otherwise, it’s just an added weight to you luggage without actual purpose.
Essential Outfits That You Need
- Long shirts. These types of clothing are perfect if you want to save a lot of space in your luggage because that’s one less bottom that you’re going to pack. Long shirts are basically dresses that have the comfort of your regular t-shirts and they look effortlessly fashionable. Not only that, but they look good with sneakers which means you can walk around comfortably without sacrificing style. It’s actually best if you go for light-colored clothes for a more neutral and clean vibe, rather than going for blacks and greys. After all, vacations are made to be fun, so going for bright and light colors are usually the best way to go.
- A nice dress. Just like long shirts, dresses can also save you a lot of luggage space. It doesn’t need bottoms and the fabrics are usually thin and not bulky, so you can have more space for other important items in your bag. If you need a dress that leans more on the smart casual side, opt for a little black dress that has a classic design. You can easily repurpose black dresses too if you want to layer them with other garments such as putting a cardigan on top of it or even just a nice scarf.
- More dresses! The reason behind this is that one dress normally isn’t enough, so bring one that’s more on the leisurewear side that’s perfect for just strolling around and not formal dinner. These types of dresses are perfect if you’re on a tropical island adventure. Can you just imagine walking around with this Just 4 Unique dress paired with a wide-brimmed hat? It has a very summery feel and comfortable fabric that lets you enjoy your vacation without feeling uneasy because of a bad fit.
- Fun sweaters or cardigans. Even if you’re going for a beach vacation, night time can become chilly and if you will be booking a hotel for your accommodation, you probably still need something to keep you warm. Instead of bringing jackets that are too bulky, it’s better to just bring a sweater or cardigan with you. They will definitely do the job of keeping you warm and at the same time save space in your luggage, too. What’s interesting about garments like this is that you can also layer them with other clothes, which means more chances of looking fabulous! If you are a fan of oversized sweaters, they can actually be great options too since they can even pass as dresses.
- Activewear. Just because you’re on vacation it doesn’t mean that you will be skipping your morning jogs. This change of venue can even be twice as motivating to stay active and do a little more than just jog in the morning. Can you just imagine doing yoga on the beach? Or a nice jog even at sunset? Your vacations are a great excuse to stay active! Traveling is always a mix of walking, exploring, and going on an adventure. So, take this opportunity to go around in your favorite activewear and be an adventurous tourist. If the destination allows, you can even travel around wearing activewear. It can actually be easier for you to move around since these types of clothing absorb sweat and they’re very comfortable.
- Comfortable sleepwear. Your vacation is also the time to rest and rejuvenate, so there shouldn’t be anything that would hinder you from getting a good night’s sleep. Bring sleepwear that’s comfortable and won’t keep you from catching deep Z’s. If it’s not too cold at night, go ahead and bring something that has thin and comfortable fabric that won’t restrict you even if you’re tossing and turning in bed. If you’re not a fan of pajamas or actual sleepwear, you can always go for comfortable shirts and soft fabric shorts. They serve different purposes but can be worn in any way that you need it.
- Comfortable blouses. It’s okay if you don’t really like dresses and you prefer to wear blouses and pair them with nice-looking bottoms. Blouses are actually very versatile and if you are planning to have a formal dinner, you can always opt for this choice of garment. They’re also very comfortable without sacrificing your sense of style. If you’re up for layering, you can even wear this on top of tank tops and you already have your new set of outfit.
- Soft denim. They’re quite heavy to bring, but the beauty in this type of garment is that you can wear them repeatedly without being judged for repeating outfits. They’re so versatile that you can just switch your tops and do a little accessorizing and you’re good to go. Not only that, but denim jeans usually don’t get dirty that easily so you don’t really have to wash them all the time. If you have denim that’s soft and thinner than the usual denim, this can also be a great option to decrease luggage bulk. Denim has simplicity and its own sense of style that never gets old– it’s a must-have to bring in every vacation.
Bespoke Vacation Outfits
Vacation outfits are all about mixing comfort and your personal style. With comfort, you need to have the right fit of each garment in order to ensure that you look and feel good while wearing them. It’s best to opt for bespoke vacation outfits so that you can make sure that all the clothes that you have in your luggage feel comfortable as you explore the world, one location at a time. vacation outfits
We all deserve a nice vacation after all of this has settled down. However, don’t forget to keep in mind that your health and safety is always the priority than these leisure trips.If you suspect that the destination that you’re planning to go to isn’t free from the COVID19 virus, it’s best to change your plans for the time being.