Nobody will ever be too old to rock an edgy outfit. Whether you’re in your teenage years or your 40’s, there will always be a classic, edgy style that will suit you no matter what.
Your sense of style is your personal preference. Nobody can tell you otherwise whether the bespoke outfit styles that you’re wearing suits you or not. As long as you feel confident in what you’re wearing, nobody has the right to tell you otherwise.
Not everyone is a fan of pastels, bows, and frilly prints. While they are technically pretty for some, others just want something that’s on the edgier side rather than the adorable side. Some women prefer skulls rather than flower designs, and some like black rather than pink. While others would simply associate edginess as unfavorable, the fashion world has deemed this style classy as well.
The Classic Edgy
A style is considered edgy if the usual boundaries of fashion are pushed to the limit. It is when a person doesn’t mind taking a risk with bold choices in their outfits by mixing and matching colors and patterns that aren’t mainstream.
Gone are the days when edgy outfits are all about baggy, frumpy, grungy, and ghoulish gothic. Now, a lot of celebrities and fashion icons like Gigi Hadid and Cara Delevigne are all rocking the edgy yet modern vibe of sophistication with this type of fashion.
Here are some of the most common characteristics of edgy fashion:
- Darker colors
- Unconventional combinations of garments
- Classy and sophisticated
- Creating a statement
How To Make Edgy Fashion Classy
Edgy fashion is cool, but transforming it into something classy can make you feel sophisticated. It is possible to blend these two without compromising the edgy side of your aesthetics.
Here are some of the ways that can help transform edginess into something classy:
- Use pearls. Pearls will always be deemed classy and elegant. If you mix this with edgy fashion, it can quickly transform your style into classy effortlessly. It also adds a layer of interest in your outfit that you are not just layering in dark colors but, instead, a more profound sense of style.
- Start small. If you want to continue wearing your edgy outfits even in the workplace, don’t go all out nervous. Workplace culture doesn’t always allow you to be edgy right off the bat. Instead, opt for conservative accessories and details in your bespoke outfit styles that harmoniously blends edginess and professionalism all in one. As long as there are small details of edginess to your style, that’s more than enough.
- Don’t forget your nails. Your nails are the best way to go for funky designs without compromising your integrity. You can always go for different nail arts and maps without going overboard with the edginess. Go for acrylic nails or gel polishes that have funky and unique designs.
- Tame the edges. Since you are trying to balance the edginess and classiness, you might want to tame the edges even just for a little. Even if you are wearing a black leather jacket, always opt for cleaner styles that still make you look chic and presentable.
Edgy and Classy Bespoke Outfit Styles Recommendations
The Skinny Jeans
It all starts with the classic skinny jeans. Edgy fashion is all about the dark skinny jeans that are either in denim or leather. These tight-fitting jeans have a clean and sleek design that is a perfect balance of classiness without taking off the edgy style. Whether you prefer coated, mineral-washed, shredded, or plain jeans, if you want to rock an edgy outfit, you can’t do without these dark skinny jeans.
If you want something a little solid in color instead of dark-wash denim, then opt for these solid black pencil jeans instead.
The Classic Tee
While graphic tees are still great options, you might want to keep things simple if you want a clean, edgy look. Go for shirts that are classic and fit nicely on your body without looking too baggy. These types of shirts usually offer a flattering touch to your outfit.
If you want little frills on the side with your edgy bespoke outfit styles, you can always go for blouses that have a bit of feminine touch to it, such as this falbala blouse.
Aside from the usual leather jacket, you can easily cop an edgy style with any jacket that’s dark in color. Like this blazer coat, that’s available in black and navy blue.
Since summer is almost approaching and you don’t want any cover-up that’s too thick in fabric, you can always opt for a dark-colored cardigan. Not only that, cardigans are a great way to look classy and chic, but they also add a pinch of edginess to your style.
If you are not a fan of skinny jeans, then this fancy short skirt is your next option. It offers a nice texture in your outfit that effortlessly balances your edgy look for a more sophisticated accent.
Another alternative to skirts is shorts. This black ripped shorts with fringes are your best option when it comes to adding personality to your rockstar themed outfits. They’re also perfect for including in your summer favorites since they can be comfy for the upcoming warm weather. Who doesn’t love denim shorts, anyway?
Leggings or Tights
These fitted pair of bottoms are great if you want to add a layer of texture in your outfit. Others wear it underneath a skirt instead of wearing stockings underneath. Leggings and tights are also a great option if you don’t feel comfortable wearing pants.
If you want to add an edge to your outfit, these ripped leggings are also an excellent option. Not only that it adds a touch of texture to your outfit, but it is also great if you want to use it underneath a skirt or a dress. These leggings can even be paired with nice knee-high leather boots for an edgier feel.
Details In Your Clothes
In general, you can still incorporate classy and edgy features in your outfit using the details of your clothes. It doesn’t always have to be too extreme. Still, you can always experiment on stabby, asymmetrical, textured, destroyed or ripped fabrics, cutouts, and even animal prints to give your outfit that edgy vibe using vintage items.
Here are some details that you can go for:
- Zippers. Whether it’s in front of your neckline or the seams of your sweater, pants, and ankle seams, zippers can always create an overall edgy look in your outfit.
- Leather details. We all know how leather jackets can’t be worn in all seasons, so leather details in an outfit can be enough to create that edgy style. It doesn’t matter if the leather details aren’t the majority of the fabric.
- Studs. Studs have always been the epitome of rockstar vibes. However, if you are aiming for a classic look, you can go less on the quantity and scale of how flashy the stud details are in your clothes. You can even have them just in your shoes!
- Texture. Textures are essential when it comes to edgy outfits. If there are details such as destroyed or ripped fabrics, cutouts, and even meshes, they are considered edgy and stylish.
- The all-black ensemble. You can’t spell edgy unless you go with the majority of the color black in your bespoke outfit styles. Black is already edgy on its own.
- Edgy accessories. Anything that looks sharp, pointy, angular or stabby–or anything that has a triangular or diamond shape to them are considered edgy in terms of accessories. You can choose bags with details like this, and you can easily make your simple bespoke outfit styles into a classic, edgy style.
- Makeup. Your bespoke outfit styles consists of different factors, and this includes your makeup. While wearing heavy makeup and black lipstick isn’t exactly the traditional way to be edgy, you can always go for makeup looks that lean towards smokey eyes and nude lips. The perfect cat-eye eyeliner is also a great option if you want a put-together sassy look.
- The boots. If you want to create an edgy look without making too much effort, just go for black leather boots. Either you go with heeled boots or flat ones, opting for boots that are higher than your ankles would be perfect for a rockstar look.
These are only some of the guidelines that you can use to seamlessly rock an edgy style. You can either add or create your unique ideas on how you can look classy and edgy at the same time. It all comes down to your preference which clothes make you feel and look your best. After all, fashion is all about expressing yourself uniquely.